Sachchidanand Sinha College, popularly known as S. Sinha College, Aurangabad was established in the year 1943 by a local dignitary, renounced pleader & social worker Shree Akhouri Krishna Prakash Sinha alias Tripurari babu with the moral support of his friends Dr. Sachchidanad Sinha and Dr Anugrah Narain Sinha. The name of this college was kept after the name of then Vice Chancellor of Patna Universty, Dr Sachchidanand Sinha, who granted affiliation in 1944 to this college at small sub-divisional town Aurangabad when there was no existence of such college even in home district town as well as nearby district town. This College is situated 3 Kilo meters away from the main market of the town on Poiwan road, attracts the attention of the passers by with its vast campus emanating greenery from its green trees. It occupies the landed area of more than 20 acres. It is the oldest college under Magadh university, Bodh Gaya (Bihar), & converted into constituent unit of this university in the year 1974. It imparts teaching up to Honours degree level in major sixteen subjects of humanities, Social Science, Science and Commerce. The Vocational degree courses are being successfully and efficiently managed since year 2000. The UGC sponsored Vocational courses are Bachelor of Sales Promotion & Sales Management (BASPSM) and other Self financed Vocational courses Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) and Bachelor of Biotechnology has already been started from session 2007-2008. University has granted permission and AICTE has provided approval to start two more technical courses in MCA & B.Pharma from session 2009-2010..
The correspondence course in several subjects including B.Ed. is successfully running at this college by the approval of the Directorate of Distance Education, Magadh University, Bodh Gaya,(Bihar). Nalanda Open University has also opened its unit in this college and is serving the educational needs of the deprived masses up to Master degree level in several disciplines . The total sanctioned strength of students in this College is 9,000. Several students of this college have occupied prestigious posts in the Nation. One of the former students of this college, Late Shree Hargovind Singh became Vice-Chancellor of Magadh University & another V.C. of Magadh University Prof. Mangal Dubey had been the Principal of this College. Many former students of this college became nation level eminent bureaucrats, Doctors, Engineers, and educationists.
The present Principal Dr. Om Prakash Singh is dedicated to the development of this College. He has taken a keen interest in the all around development of the College. Ex Principal Dr C.S, Pandey and Dr Arjun Prasad Singh was a pillar of development of this college and has constructed several new buildings such as Administrative office, Principals residence, Computer departments building, two big lecture halls, Girls common room, Three Rig borings, repair work of old buildings and fulfilled many other important needs of the College Campus from the income of colleges internal resources.
This college imparts Co education facility. The college has a rich library which has more than forty thousand books of different faculties and it is in the process of computerisation . Two well furnished boys hostels Dr Anugrah Narayan Sinha Hostel & Ambedker Hostel are situated in the Colleges campus. Another big Girls Hostel is being constructed in the campus by the financial grant of Rs one Crore from UGC.`The teachers of the college have high aptitude for teaching. Therefore, the result of students of this college is high ranking.